By Dennis Sadowski | Catholic News Service
WASHINGTON (CNS) — The Catholic Campaign for Human Development suspended funding a nationwide community organizing group after it was disclosed June 2 that nearly $1 million had been embezzled.
Funding was suspended for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, popularly known as ACORN, because of the financial irregularities, said Ralph McCloud, executive director of CCHD, the U.S. bishops’ domestic anti-poverty and social justice program.
“We’re not funding them at any level,” McCloud told Catholic News Service Oct. 15.
The suspension covers all 40 ACORN affiliates nationwide that had been approved for $1.13 million in grants for the funding cycle that started July 1, 2008. [...]
The Feast of the Holy Face
-
In 1958, a few short months before his death, Ven Pope Pius XII approved
the Feast of the Holy Face, enshrining it on the Tuesday before Ash
Wednesday.
...
22 hours ago

1 comment:
Who else is CCHD funding?
Post a Comment